Premier Access is offered by United Airlines which provides a set of travel benefits and services to enhance the travel experience for eligible passengers by making the airport and boarding process smoother and more convenient. United Premier Access is primarily aimed at United Airlines’ Premier MileagePlus members and customers who purchase specific fare classes or services, but there are several other ways to obtain Premier Access.
What’s included with United Premier Access?
While the features of United Premier Access can depend on the airport, in general, the following is usually included:
- Priority check-in: Eligible passengers can enjoy dedicated check-in counters or kiosks, allowing them to check in more quickly and avoid long lines.
- Priority security screening: Premier Access travelers may have access to expedited security screening lanes, reducing the time spent waiting in security lines at the airport.
- Priority boarding: Passengers can board the aircraft before the general boarding process begins, ensuring that they have ample time to stow their carry-on items and settle into their seats.
- Priority baggage handling: Your checked luggage will be among the first to be unloaded from the aircraft and delivered to the baggage claim area upon arrival.
- Priority customer service: Premier Access customers may have access to dedicated customer service lines or counters at the airport, assisting with reservations, changes, and other travel-related inquiries.
Eligibility for United Premier Access can vary depending on factors such as your MileagePlus Premier status, fare class, or whether you purchase certain services or bundles. For example, if you purchase United Premier Access outright, you won’t receive Priority bagging handling. That is reserved for MileagePlus Premier members.
Does Premier Access include lounge access?
No, Premier Access doesn’t include lounge access. You need to have a United Club membership, hold the MileagePlus Club credit card, or be traveling in United Polaris. You may be able to access international partner lounges with your Star Alliance Gold status, however.
How do I get United Premier Access?
There are several ways you can get United Premier Access:
- Become a MileagePlus Premier status member
- Travel in United Polaris business class or United First class
- Obtain Star Alliance Gold status
- Get the MileagePlus Club or Presidential Plus credit card
You can also purchase Premier Access if you’re not on a basic economy ticket. Premier Access can be purchased on your mobile device or at an airport kiosk. Pricing starts at $24.
Is United Premier Access worth it?
United Premier Access is worth it, but it is most valuable if you obtain it as part of a larger benefit like holding MileagePlus Premier status or through the MileagePlus Club credit card. Unless you need to check bags on short notice, it may be better to save your money for an airport experience, like accessing a lounge.