Sky Priority is a premium service program offered by Delta Air Lines (and other SkyTeam airlines) to enhance the travel experience for eligible passengers. It is designed to provide a range of benefits and services to make the airport and boarding process more seamless and convenient. Delta Sky Priority is primarily targeted at Delta’s elite frequent flyers and customers who purchase specific fare classes or services.
What’s included with Delta Sky Priority?
- Priority check-in: access dedicated check-in counters or kiosks, which can help expedite check-in and avoid long lines.
- Priority security screening: depending on your airport, expedited security screening lanes may be available which allows you to breeze through security checks.
- Priority boarding: board the aircraft before the general boarding process begins, ensuring you have ample time to settle into your seats and stow carry-on items.
- Priority baggage handling: your luggage will be among the first to be unloaded from the aircraft and delivered to the baggage claim area upon arrival.
- Priority customer service: get access to dedicated customer service lines or counters at the airport, assisting with reservations, changes, and other travel-related inquiries.
Eligibility for Sky Priority can vary depending on factors such as your Delta Medallion status, fare class, or whether you purchase certain services or bundles.
How do I get Delta Sky Priority?
There are several ways you can get Sky Priority with Delta:
- Become a Gold, Platinum, or Diamond Medallion member
- Become a Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold member
- Travel in Delta One, Premium Select, or First Class
Unlike United’s Premier Access, Delta doesn’t offer a way to purchase Sky Priority by itself or through a credit card.
Does Sky Priority get lounge access?
Sky Priority by itself doesn’t include lounge access, but you may be eligible for lounge access depending on your cabin or SkyTeam Elite Plus status. For example, Delta includes lounge access if you are flying Delta One and you can access most SkyTeam partner lounges internationally with your SkyTeam Elite Plus status.
Do Silver Medallions get Sky Priority?
Technically no, but Silver Medallions are eligible to use Sky Priority check-ins at most airports in the United States. Keep in mind that this doesn’t include access to the full suite of Sky Priority services so you won’t receive priority bagging handling and security screening.
Is Delta Sky Priority worth it?
Ultimately, the value of Delta Sky Priority varies from person to person. If you find that the benefits, such as time savings and convenience, align with your travel habits and preferences, it may be worth considering. However, it’s essential to assess your travel patterns and the associated costs to determine if it makes sense.