It’s official — USAA has updated its card designs. As of October 2022, the look of USAA debit and credit cards now features an artistic nodal network design in the shape of a bald eagle. That isn’t the only change, however. New USAA bank cards are also contactless, which now work with tap-to-pay terminals.
Which cards have the new design?
All USAA debit and credit cards feature the new design. This includes:
- Debit cards for all USAA checking accounts
- Eagle Navigator Visa Signature credit card
- USAA Rewards American Express credit card
- USAA Rewards Visa Signature credit card
- Cashback Rewards Plus American Express credit card
- Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature credit card
- USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum credit card
- USAA Secured Visa Platinum credit card
- USAA Secured American Express credit card
How can I get the new card design?
USAA customers will automatically receive the new card design when their current card is near expiration. You can also contact USAA before then to request the new card design.
Alternatively, you can get the new card design on your own by requesting a replacement card on USAA’s app or website. Select the “card is damaged” option to keep your existing card number.
USAA has unveiled its updated card designs, featuring a nodal network design in the shape of a bald eagle, alongside the integration of contactless technology for tap-to-pay functionality. All USAA debit and credit cards, including various rewards and secured options, now boast this new design. Customers will automatically receive the updated cards upon expiration, or they can request replacements through USAA’s app or website. This modernization aligns with the evolving standard of contactless payments, offering both aesthetic and functional enhancements for USAA cardholders.
Have you received an updated USAA card? How is it working compared to your previous one?